The human cardiovascular system is a closed system used to distribute blood throughout the body. It is comprised of the heart, arteries, capillaries, and veins. It includes the pulmonary circuit; a "loop" through the lungs where blood is oxygenated; and the systemic circuit including the coronary circuit, that provides oxygenated blood to the rest of the body.
Ongoing advancements in medical technology continue to offer doctors and medical professionals a variety of devices to access the system, diagnose problems, and treat a wide range of disease. Biomerics contract manufactures a wide range of materials, extrusions, and components for the following cardiovascular applications.
- Venous Access Devices: A wide range of access devices including CVC catheters, ports, PICCs, midline catheters, dialators, introducers, tunnelers, and connectors.
- Neurovascular Devices: Including pressure monitoring catheters, drug delivery catheters, ports, and connectors.
- Cardiac Assist Devices: Including pacemakers, leads, and connectors.
- Hemodialysis Devices: Including chronic and acute catheters, introducers, dilators, blood lines, tunnelers, and connectors.
- Cardiovascular Diagnostic Catheters: Including angiography catheters, ultrasound catheters, thermo-dilution catheters and electrophysiology mapping catheters, guide wires, introducers, and connectors.
- Cardiovascular Treatment Catheters: Including ablation catheters, angioplasty catheters, intervention catheters, and a wide variety of other treatment catheters and related devices.
Biomerics' portfolio of implantable biocompatible polymers provide engineers with the building blocks required to design cutting edge extrusions, balloons, and connectors for these devices. Our wide range of durometers, radiopacifiers, and additives along with our regulatory support, provide real-life solutions to the leading cardiovascular device companies.