Biomerics combines engineered resins with our full-service polymer development and custom compounding technology to produce a family of compounds that offer an outstanding blend of physical properties and excellent performance characteristics to the medical device market.
Our custom-formulated medical grade thermoplastic compounds meet the highest quality standards and are optimized for injection molding and extrusion. Biomerics also has full color matching capabilities and can match and stabilize our customers’ material per industry color specification.
Biomerics' highly trained technicians formulate, manufacture, and test critical polymer compounds in a clean room environment.
Biomerics has the following compounding capabilities:
- 5 Custom Compounders:
- Leistritz Micro 18/ GL 40
- Leistritz ZSE 27 HP-PH (Level II)
- Leistritz Micro 27/ GL 48
- Crown CSHJ30
- Battenfield ZSE 170 / 250
- Sizes Range from: 18 mm, (2) 27 mm, 30mm, 2 inch
- 1 Underwater Pelletization Line
- 2 Strand Pelletization Lines
- 1 Air Cooled Pelletization Line
- Proprietary Feed Systems: Controlled Top, Side and Ram Feeders
- Proprietary Water Treatment Systems
- Various pellet sizes available
- Clean Room Compounding Capacity: 20-5,000 pounds per hour
Common Additive Technologies available:
- UV Stabilizers
- Flame Retardants
- Impact Modifiers
- Anti-static Agents
Biomerics is familiar with FDA USP Class VI materials as well as ISO 10993 testing and has the experience to guide each customer through material selection for their demanding application. Additionally, Biomerics has a full service quality lab and can characterize and certify our customers’ materials.